Demonstration of Models:
Demonstration of Models is also known methods of instruction. One can
imagine the caveman demonstrating to his son the procedure for making the club,
and then have him make one.
- The demonstration-performance method can be
broken down into five basic procedures. These procedures are:
- student performance;
- instructor supervision; and
2. EXPLANATION AND
- The explanation and demonstration may be done
at the same time, or the demonstration given first followed by an
explanation, or vice versa. The skill you are required to teach might
determine the best approach.
- Consider the following: You are teaching a
student how to do a forced landing. Here are your options:
- Demonstrate a forced approach and
simultaneously give an explanation of what you are doing and why you are
doing it; or,
- Complete the demonstration with no
explanation and then give a detailed explanation of what you have done;
- Give an explanation of what you intend to do
and then do it.
- You will find that different instructors will approach the teaching of this skill differently.