Opportunity to interact with Industry Experts: Industrial visits provide students with a chance to meet industry leaders, professionals, entrepreneurs, policymakers, and corporates who share their wisdom, learning, and experiences.
1. Industrial visits provide the students with an opportunity to learn practically through interaction, working methods and employment practices.
2. It gives the students an exposure to current work practices as opposed to theoretical knowledge being taught at their college classrooms.
3. Industrial visits grant the students a great opportunity to interact with industries and know more about industrial environment.
4. Industrial visits are arranged by colleges for their respective students with an objective of providing them an opportunity to explore the different industry sectors like IT, manufacturing, services, finance and marketing.
5. Industrial visit helps students to combine their theoretical knowledge of business operations with the practical knowledge of its actual functioning.
6. Industrial realities are opened to the students through industrial visits.
7. When pursuing a professional degree like Engineering, industrial visit has its own importance for students because only the theoretical knowledge is not sufficient for their proper understanding of the actual business operations at the ground level.
8. The practical knowledge of how a business can be started and what are the real life challenges being faced can only be learnt through have practical experience from industrial visits.
9. By way of interactions with the staff of the industry, students get more exposure towards the current work conditions of any industry.
10. Another important perk of going for an industrial visit is that it acts as a bridge between the student and their dream company. The chances of building-up a good relationship with the employees and actually getting an opportunity for an internship or even placement in that company is maximum based on their outstanding performance in spot assignments and showing good manners.
11. The employee contacts are precious especially when the students wish to pursue the same career.
12. Last but not the least, the certificate of participation in an industrial visit is an added advantage to showcase in one’s resume.